Other Sellers on Amazon
Boya BY-M1 Omni Directional Lavalier Microphone - Black
Enhance your purchase
|Number of batteries||1 LR44 batteries required. (included)|
|Item weight||45 Grams|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||74 dB|
|Number of channels||1|
|Noise level||74 dB|
- Batteries : 1 LR44 batteries required. (included)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9 x 3.4 x 13.1 cm; 45 Grams
- Date First Available : 1 April 2021
- Manufacturer : Boya
- ASIN : B00MPDYGBE
- Item model number : BY-M1
- Best Sellers Rank: #93 in Musical Instruments (See Top 100 in Musical Instruments)
- #5 in Condenser Microphones
- Customer reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- The BOYA BY-M1 is an omnidirectional lavalier microphone ideal for vlog, presentation, podcasting, live streaming and much more.
- Custom Omnidirectional Capsule For High Quality Audio Pickup Designed with a custom omnidirectional signal capsule, it captures broadcast-quality sound from a 360-degree range and delivers it to your recording device via its 6m(20’) shielded cable.
- With the improved sensitivity, signal-to-noise and a flat frequency response, BY-M1 allows you to record every last audio detail with lower self-noise.
- Two Recording Modes For Different Using Scenarios Featuring a 3.5mm 4-pole TRRS output connector, you can connect BY-M1 to your camera or camcorder under “camera” mode, and also connect it to your smartphone or PC when switch to “OFF/Smartphone” mode.
- Every Necessary Accessory Is Included In terms of accessories, you will find lapel clip, foam windscreen all in pack, and a LR44 battery for using “camera” mode, a 1/4" audio adapter for compatible further device, and a carrying pouch to provide secure protection.
From the manufacturer
- Clip-on Mic for Smartphones, DSLRs, camcorders, audio recorders, PC etc.
- High-quality condenser microphone, ideal for video use.
- Low handling noise.
- -10dB sound attenuation.
- Playback headphone monitoring in smartphone mode.
Free with 6m length cable, foam windscreen and lapel clip design
- With a long 6m length cable design, BOYA BY-M1 Pro can support stable signal transmission, adapting to a long-distance recording environment. A foam windscreen and lapel clip enable users to get a clearer sound and freer environment.
Intelligent noise reduction, support real-monitoring
- With a -10dB pad switch, BOYA BY-M1 Pro effectively reduces unwanted plosive when the subject sound is very loud and close to the microphone, makes sure the recording is always clear. With a 3/8" headphone jack on the bottom design, it allows users to monitor sound in smartphone mode.
Omnidirectional clip-on microphone, unleash your potential
- With High-quality condenser, The BOYA BY-M1 Pro is ideal for video use. With such an universal lavalier microphone, compatible with smartphones, PC, cameras, audio recorders and other recording devices etc., you can enjoy professional audio.
Visible screen diagonal
0" / 0 cm
Top reviews from Egypt
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
This very cheap Boya Lavalier Mic changes that dramatically, it can even hold up with a condenser Microphone I used for my comparison video and filters background nice quite well.
It has a switch built in with a little battery to allow it to work also on Smartphones which is great and for the price of pretty much a Smartphone case you can get with that a Microphone and have actually great voice recording on your Smartphone too.
The Built quality is OK I would say,I have seen better ones but for that price you can not expect everything and with the included pouch you can keep it safe so it should last a good while.
If you search for SkymashiTV on Youtube, I reviewed the microphone there with a sound comparison to my condenser Microphone and you will hear the difference :)
If you need only every now and then a Microphone for your camera / smartphone or something to use until you buy one of the major brand ones, this is definitely highly to recommend, you can't go wrong with that!
Why I rate it 5 Star, well mainly for that reason that you get much more quality as you usually can expect for that cheap price and that it is actually better then a built in microphone from an expensive camera.
I can confirm that this mic works very well and is recognised, without any issues, by the built-in camera app for the iPhone (7 Plus). This means there is no need to record audio separately and sync later, unless you particularly want to do that.
I originally tried using a USB mic (Blue Snowball Ice) and found it way too quiet on the iPhone, unless I positioned it right up to my mouth. In comparison, the BOYA mic is loud and clear even when clipped very low on my chest, facing downwards.
I was worried the BOYA would sound too thick and heavy on the bass after watching YouTube sound tests. However, I'm actually very pleased with how my voice sounds!
A few things to note -
- The built-in iPhone camera app offers no control over mic gain, input volume, etc. This can mean you get a faint hissing sound when recording. Third-party apps such as FilmicPro and ProCamera offer some mic input control, which would improve this.
- The 3.5mm jack on the BOYA mic is the common TRRS style (three little rings around the jack). This will work with the standard lightning-to-3.5mm jack that comes with all new iPhones (or that you can buy separately). If your device takes the TRS style jack (two little rings around the jack), you'll simply need an adapter, like this: RØDE SC3 iPhone Accessory - Black .
- This is an omnidirectional mic (as most lavaliers are), meaning it will pick up some of the sounds around you. Your voice will still be very clear.
- The cable is uber long, which is super useful, or a super pain in the ass, depending on your needs. For me, it's great.
- It comes with a little carrying pouch, which is again useful.
- The clip is super study, made of metal.
É um bom microfone.
The small watch type battery which is only required for use when connected to cameras was included in a small clear sandwich bag. There is a switch to change between smart phone and camera use. Smartphone is off position.
The quality of the sound produced is excellent. There is an excellent clip to allow you to hold the mic to your clothes etc.
The lead is extremely long and could easily connect to a camera or smartphone whilst being quite a distance away.
One thing to note is the apple port disables the internal speakers when an input connected. And on andriod devices the default camera recording app does not allow for the selection of an external mic, although I used an app called Open Camera that lets you select the external mic.
Hope this is of help to someone :-)
Anyone looking for good quality audio to be used on professional Youtube videos, and anything else that's for non social use. The audio quality simply isn't good enough. It's to be expected given the price to be fair, hence why I haven't left a lower score. That said in the description it does say "Super sound for presentations and video audio recorders" which isn't true.
Anyone who does social videos for their own personal use and wants to capture footage further away, but in a way where the audio can still be heard. As long as you don't mind having the wire in the video shot, as it's wire connected to the camera (a very long wire).
Not for me as I need good quality audio, and this has a lot of hissing. But may be fine for others.